Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Weather Brings 'Em Out

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was telling me she wanted to get in shape. I told her instead of accomplishing short term goals, why don't you just aim for only long term goals? I used the example of instead of hitting snooze on the alarm and getting 10 more minutes of sleep which won't benefit you in the least (short term goal) why don't you get up get a quick exercise bit going so when the weather gets real nice you'll already be tight and right and your girlfriends will be slacking (long term goal).

The point I was trying to make is, it's crazy how the sun can affect everyone's mood altogether. Today I was walking to my car and thinking whenever the weather is trying to get nice I go back to high school, getting out of school, everyone walking to the student parking lot or their buses or I'll think of when we started conditioning, no one was in shape or wanted to be out there but it was always good to see everyone again . . the weather really brings camaraderie back out. It's been cold for months and everyone trying to stay warm at home or don't want to go anywhere because it's cold, but it gets a lil warm and everyone's outside . . it's awesome.

Let Me Be,
Frank

1 comment:

♥ L said...

yep i remember that conversation! I am actually getting up at 5 am to go to the gym. Youre absolutely right, I am going to be tight this summer! Thanks again Frank :)