I love making mistakes. Shit happens right? Ironically, I used to hate mistakes and strived for perfection all the time. And I heard it all before, "no one's perfect." "Only God's perfect." All that went in one ear and out the other. I knew deep down inside it was true, but I wanted to prove it wrong.
I had this Biology teacher in high school who taught me the smartest people make the most mistakes. That blew my mind away. I thought that had to be bullshit, dumb muhfuckas make mistakes, but it's the complete opposite. You learn from your mistakes . . if you choose to. I take mistakes as life lessons. For example, if you make a mistake cooking something . . if you're smart and take it as a lesson, then the next time you cook you won't make the same mistake. It's not guaranteed your dish will come out outstanding, but it's one less mistake you'll make the next time you make the dish. People are in such a rush to do everything right the first time around. I dunno about yall, but I'd rather perfect my craft, or whatever I'm working on then getting it done quick. Rushing things can make things sloppy and you can't enjoy the progress you've/you're making on your project.
Everyone who reads this won't feel the same way, but I encourage you to give it a shot. Use the mistakes you make as life lessons or building blocks to what you are trying to accomplish. Especially if you're under 30, now is the time to make mistakes because the world is our oyster. We can still make improvements for once we're older so we aren't that 40 y/o person still making mistakes someone 20 would make. Don't rush life or projects, take things one at a time. I'd much rather give 100% on something over x amount of days, than rush through something and give a half assed effort. My best friend @Mr_JWag (shameless shoutout) said last night at the bar he would go back in time and change some things. I wouldn't, all the mistakes I made over time, made me into the person I am today. I dunno about yall, but I think i'm like able. The many mistakes I've made over the years has made me into the person writing these blogs and the character I am on twitter, lol.
If the game shakes me or breaks me, I hope it makes me, a better man . . .
Frank
P.s. new twitter name @LemmeBeFrank
Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perfect timing on the post. I had one of my worst days in a long time yesterday. In the midst of my anger and mild depression, I stopped and thought about similar points in your blog.
Sparing the events, my point of recognition came when I was standing in the rain with ripped pants and a broken iPhone. Growing frustrated by my inability to change all of the things that were pissing me off, I thought about all the people that get ran over by trains, reaching on the tracks for material things. While I would never jump onto train tracks (-_____-), it dawned on me that being so stressed out over what in hindsight is usually petty shit, can be just as damaging as an oncoming B train during rush hour. Stress kills! If you can't take something positive from a situation - fuck it! (for lack of better words).
Well written blog, keep the heat coming #nh.
#ColinPowellProof
That was a dope entry. I have a lot of things to say about the topic, but instead I have one suggestion. Your blog is very positive, thoughtful and inspiring. Its also very black and red. I suggest changing the colors to something more easy to read and soothing. Maybe thats just me... in any case, the content is dope. Keep it up, bruh.
I don't even like to use the word mistake. I'm a strong believer in everything happening for a reason. There are things in my life that I thought would turn out differently, but just because I ended up disappointed or with less than satisfactory results doesn't necessarily mean I wish it never happened.
Good post :)
Post a Comment