Hello all,
I was at the gym yesterday around 4:15 p.m. and if anyone knows my routine I usually go around 5:30 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. I don't like going between 4-8 because it's too busy and I like to go there to not only exercise my body but my mind as well. A crazy epiphany came to me while I was on my machine. Life is a lot like the gym and Ima tell you how.
A lot of people don't like going to the gym, I usually hear the same excuse, "I don't want everyone staring at me." People stare at you all the time in public, so how is it any different in the gym? People are afraid someone is going to make fun of them while they're working out. People are going to make fun of everyone regardless of where it's at. Be at the club, Giant, the gas station . . so at least while you're in the gym you doing something beneficial. So it's kudos +1 to you for working out, if someone makes fun of you, fuck em.
Now to get to the main topic . . if you're really working out you aren't paying attention to anyone else in the gym. For example, I go to the gym, put on my iPod, put on my time limit and start running. I occasionally look around at the nice ladies or the average clown doing something stupid, but for 25 minutes out of 30, I'm concentrating on my workout. That's when it hit me . . this is how I should live my life. Concentrate on whatever I'm working on, pay little attention on distractions, because everyone deserves and needs a break from their task and it'll be complete. It may take awhile, but I said it before, I'd rather take my time to complete something with 100% effort than rush through it and complete it with 60% effort.
Problems arise when people think, "well what about what my friends/family think when I'm neglecting them?" That's up to you fam. Yours truly, prefers to keep his projects to himself and will speak to those when someone asks, "where you been Frank?" You can take that method or tell everyone you're trying to accomplish something. To each their own right?
This post would've been longer if I started writing it as soon as I thought about it, but it came to me while I was working out and then I had to go "entertain" someone after the gym. Haha, I'll let yall imaginations come to whatever conclusion you get from that.
Frank
@LemmeBeFrank
P.s. Follow @JonRaff . . I have spoken
Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment