This blog . . . I've been wanting to write this one for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but I told myself I was going to do my blogs in order of my thoughts (The previous blogs were thought of first, I got a list of topics that I'm doing in order). I'm probably going to get a lot of love/respect for this one or a lot of hate, hopefully both, haha. Lace up my gloves, cue my muhfuckin music . . I'm going in.
So we all had different types of relationships. We've heard them all, start off as friends then make it something more, opposites attract, fuck relationships, friends with benefits . . regardless, it's a relationship. They all start off different but end up heartbroken, married, or other. Let's view an example of a common relationship, this isn't anyone in particular and I may be wrong, but it's my blog and I'm going to write what I want. I'm not paying yall to come here, you all come on your own . . after all that . .
You meet one another from a friend, maybe at a party, somehow both of you meet. There's mild flirting while both of you are nervous. One of you builds up the courage to ask the other for their number or some may be bold to ask when's the next time you two will meet. There's the date, a few more, it's awesome. You're all she/he thinks about, dates are fun, sex is great . . this is supposed to last forever . . it doesn't. Then the commitment comes in and one goes too overboard while the other is getting bored looking for partners. While one is searching the other is clocking every move their partner is making. The one who's searching we'll call the predator the one who's clocking we'll call the time keeper. (I'm a lame, i know). While the predator is out doing something harmless, the time keeper finally blows up on the predator. The predator ain't having it, so it's gonna go find it's prey and do 'whatever.' Time keeper finds out, somehow they make up and try to make it work. Now the relationship is tarnished and although they both decided to put it behind them it's always there on their mind. Now spectators (friends) are watching and both parties are hearing everything from 'give it another chance' to 'fuck (insert name here).' Both parties are confused and instead of going separate ways they stay together because of the time put into the relationship. I don't even want to get into having kids and getting married . .
Someone's going to relate to what I just wrote, hopefully more than just one person but I'm sure everyone can see where I'm coming from and where I'm going. It shouldn't be that way, it doesn't have to be that way either. The previous scenario is a choice, the predator chose to search for another partner, the time keeper chose to clock their partners every move. The next scenario is how it should be . . not even a scenario . . cuz it's not going to be that long.
Instead of giving your other the title, "Boyfriend/Girlfriend" keep them as your friend first. Make light jokes, have fun, don't clock them, make sure they're still having the same fun before they met you; this means if every Monday night was mans night out or the girls got together to go to the club who are you to stop that?, stop going through each other's phone; your feelings going to be hurt regardless, you either gonna find something or feel bad when you found nothing, if there's an issue don't let it last days, end it that day . . like you would do with your homegirl or homie. Yall get where I'm coming from? Stop making everything larger than what it is. Also stop falling heads over heels for people in only a few weeks, take your time and see how it plays out.
Try it out . . it can't hurt
Just Let Me Be,
Frank
Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment