Merriam-Webster defines Discretion, as the quality of being discreet. Being a child, I remember being told to keep my mouth shut, especially on finances, religion, and politics, I was always taught to keep things to myself unless spoken too. That made me the person I am today, I guess that's also why people want to know about me, because I'm a very discreet person. I discuss with people older than me and it seems they were all told the same thing. Therefore I've come to the conclusion, no one in our present time practices discretion anymore.
My mother was raised in the 50's - 60's era and her parents/guardians taught her to be discreet, as a matter of fact I'm sure everyone back then was discreet. No one commonly asked "How much do you make?," politics weren't discussed in the bar, and religion wasn't argued about in open areas. There also weren't web pages which allowed people to do post whatever they wanted. It was a different code back in the day, you pulled some shit like that, back then and you were shunned. No one messed with you like that.
Discretion flew out the window, ppl put up sex pictures with their other if one of them is pissed off, beef videos are made and put on YouTube, pictures are up for the public to see on facebook/myspaces . . . that shouldn't be . . I shouldn't have access to someones album if one of their picture has a burn mark on someones inner thigh. That could be x or y chromosome, it's not cool. The same people that put all this up, will be the same to get mad when someone else questions them about a picture. If it wasn't up for the public to see in the first place, no one would be in your business.
Fortunately for me, no one's in my business, because I can count on one hand the people who know the most about me, and they don't know the half of who/what I really am about. I'm in the process of untagging my pictures on facebook and myspace. It's nothing personal to anyone in particular, I just prefer being discreet. If you were around me when something happened, then it becomes your business as well. There's nothing wrong with that, I dislike people that will view someones entire web page, cell phone, etc. to get find something out.
I dunno, this blog ain't the greatest, but you all get what I'm trying to say . . .
MIND YA GOTDAMNED BUSINESS!!
if you took that personal, then I dunno what to tell ya champ.
Let Me Be,
Frank
Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
“Wit without discretion is a sword in the hand of a fool.”
Thought you would like that.
Post a Comment