I believe in receiving help when needed, but what people ned to understand is you have to help yourself first. Help from someone else should be a 2nd option. Test your boundaries first. Stop relying on people to help you with advice at the first sign of trouble.
Yours truly was arrested in 08. A few people knew about it, I asked advice from those who went through it and made a plan. I worked extra hours and picked up extra shifts to pay my bills, lawyer fees, and paid for a christmas trip for me and my lady.. At the time, it seemed like it would never end, but eventually I went to court got probation before judgment, did what the judge ordered and was free. I learned a lot about myself from that. You won't know how far you can go if you don't test yourself first.
I lost a job for a month when gas was 4 clams a gallon and the recession was hitting HARD. instead of asking for help, I picked up every shift I could grab at Ramshead and got through that month.
Some people are so quick to ask for help as soon as something goes wrong. Like if you one of those people that always go to your homie when something go wrong, don't. This one time, try to fix it on your own. You asking people for help all the time gives you no inner strength at all. What are you gonna do when that person needs advice on something? Are you going to help them? Prolly not, cuz you go no strength for yourself. If you're the friend that's always being asked for help, tell them no, for once. If they about shit, they'll get on the good foot and help themselves out.
The moral of this story, see what you can do alone first before you bring others in your shit. We aren't in high school anymore ladies and gentlemen, we're adults now. Some of us have kids. What kind of example you setting if you can't do shit for yourself and always asking for help? We all have the inner strength to help ourselves out but afraid to use it.
"Your Focus Determines Your Reality."
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
3 comments:
The more you can depened on yourself, the more you'll mean to yourself and The more powerful you are. He who truely has power is self-sufficient. In relying on others and material things, you develop an obvious weakness that can be exploited. Its hard to hurt someone who doesn't need much to survive.
this is so true. great post.
thanks Mr.Frank..I neded that clarification right about now tho think your next topic should be about friends who can't leave old shit alone-keep bringing it up every chance they get especially in conversation just so you can "feel"for them..my roomie has been doing it non-stop to the oopoint of annoyance..worse is he's my girl's ex-hubby!!
Post a Comment