Motivation . . . Plenty Won't Understand . . It's Straight

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Act Your Age . . ok?

So my man Donald said something to me which sparked conversation for a blog. Allow me to get my soapbox ready . .

@stoner_charm Imma be old when I get old. Right now I'm piling up the stories to tell my kids. 23 is the new 20 believe dat!



This "Grown and Sexy" epidemic has began to spin out of control. People should take it as "Act your age and be responsible." There's people who just turned 21 talking, "I only drink Ketel One . . the finest Vodka." Young man . . you're 21 . . live a little."


Common made a comment that since Obama got in the White House hip hop's been changing with the lyrics being more intelligent. People will blame hip hop for all the violence but won't give it any props to young men and women acting more their age.


My gripe with people is they take things too literally. Hov says he's gonna wear all black, everyone who was colorful and polo'd out is gonna be in all black. Just like how every thug was wearing North Faces and now they're jerking in skinny jeans. It's fine to act your age, just be responsible. Responsibility isn't hard at all . . like my man Belichick tells the Pats . . "Just do your job" . . they went 16-0 by everyone doing their own job. Once your job's complete then help someone out.


I'm 23 years old and I act 23. The artists who influence our age group are 26+ . . so if you're still that age living in another big man's shadow . . I have no advice for you. But if you're in my age group and you're living your life and being responsible . . kudos to you. Kudos to you, because we're an extinct species . . no one's themselves anymore.


Let's toast to being ourselves ladies and gentlemen,
@Stoner_Charm

No comments: